Hakko Densho Ryu Shiatsu
Hakko Densho Ryu Shiatsu has its roots in Koho Igaku Shiatsu, which was created by the founder of Hakkoryu Jujutsu, Shodai Soke Okuyama. Hakko Densho Ryu Shiatsu incorporates similar principles and methodology from Koho Igaku Shiatsu as well as techniques from Tui Na Massage and Qi Gong exercises. The course includes a coursebook, all necessary reference materials, reviews, exams, and certification.
The HMAF offers a Level I Hakko Densho Ryu Shiatsu Certification Course.
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the knowledge and training to give a basic wellness treatment in Hakko Densho Ryu Shiatsu. The course consists of 3 sessions outlined below. There is three to four month period between Session I and Session III during which time students must complete their practice hours and one-on-one review with the instructor.
- Session I: (13 hours) Brief introduction to Eastern medicine, the meridian system, and healing methods; pulse reading; treatment protocol; hands-on practicum learning the complete Hakko Densho Ryu Shiatsu protocol.
- Session II: One-on-one review of the protocol with the instructor, mid-way through your practice sessions; individually scheduled (approx 1 hour).
- All students must complete 30 documented hours of practice treatments prior to Session III.
- Session III: Review; final written and practical exam.
You don't have to be a martial artist to benefit from this course! Massage therapists, acupunturists, and other health practitioners are welcome.
- No martial arts experience required.
- For martial artists currently training, the course may be taken at any rank level.
- For HMAF members seeking rank, successful completion of this course satisfies the Shiatsu requirement for Yondan.
- Minimum age: 18.
Contact us for more information.